Information Governance covers the important areas of Data Protection, Information Security, Freedom of Information, Records Management and Information Sharing. With the Information Commissioners Office having the power to fine organisations who do not keep data safe, as well as a public who are much more aware of their information rights, Information Governance is a critical area for schools to get right.
Lambeth Legal Services is able to provide education providers in Lambeth and beyond with professional and efficient legal services.
By bringing together specialist lawyers in the fields of Education, Employment, Property, Contract, Procurement and Information & Data Security Law, the team can offer an effective legal service aligned to the needs of local schools and academies.
Lambeth Legal services provides chargeable services for the following:
Advice and assistance on legal issues around the running of a school such as, but not limited to:
• Contract drafting and disputes
• Employment litigation, advice and assistance
• Freedom of information and data protection
• Nuisance and abusive visitors
• Parental disputes
• Procurement Advice
• Property advice
• Property related issues and school governance
• Pupil exclusions
• School discipline and attendance
• Training and briefings on legal issues of importance to schools
We will also advise on:
• Special educational needs matters and judicial review proceedings where there is no conflict with the authority
• This predominantly involves representation in proceedings in the Employment Tribunal. The scheme is intended to supplement the advice received from a school’s personnel provider from the point that proceedings are started in a Tribunal or Court.
CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
Lambeth School Services is pleased to offer this programme of continuous professional development (CPD) for schools, early years settings and other educational establishments. It is focussed on the needs of the school workforce, recognising that staff are your most valuable asset and that investing in them will ensure the provision of an excellent service, not only to young people but to parents, carers and the community.
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.