Lambeth Legal Services is able to provide education providers in Lambeth and beyond with professional and efficient legal services.
By bringing together specialist lawyers in the fields of Education, Employment, Property, Contract, Procurement and Information & Data Security Law, the team can offer an effective legal service aligned to the needs of local schools and academies.
Lambeth Legal services provides chargeable services for the following:
Advice and assistance on legal issues around the running of a school such as, but not limited to:
• Contract drafting and disputes
• Employment litigation, advice and assistance
• Freedom of information and data protection
• Nuisance and abusive visitors
• Parental disputes
• Procurement Advice
• Property advice
• Property related issues and school governance
• Pupil exclusions
• School discipline and attendance
• Training and briefings on legal issues of importance to schools
We will also advise on:
• Special educational needs matters and judicial review proceedings where there is no conflict with the authority
• This predominantly involves representation in proceedings in the Employment Tribunal. The scheme is intended to supplement the advice received from a school’s personnel provider from the point that proceedings are started in a Tribunal or Court.
Lambeth Safeguarding Children Board
The Lambeth Safeguarding Children's Board (LSCB) has lead responsibility for co-ordinating and scrutinising the effectiveness of what is done locally to improve outcomes for children and young people. It is committed to ensuring that all paid staff and volunteers in Lambeth are aware of their safeguarding responsibilities and have the required knowledge and skills to fulfil the practial implementation of this responsibility to a good standard.
Although much progress has already been made to improve the way that children are safeguarded in Lambeth, much is still needed to ensure that every child in Lambeth is kept safe and reaches his or her own full potential.
The LSCB depends on everyone, whether professionals or volunteers, parents or members of the public having an understanding of their own personal or professional responsibility to safeguard children and being vigilant and proactive in carrying it out. The provision of high quality and innovative single agency and multi-agency safeguarding training is considered by the board to be imperative in order to guarantee the safety and wellbeing of children in Lambeth.
All LSCB training is listed on the Learning Pool (link http://www.lambethscb.org.uk/training_professional_section)
Emergency Response Planning Team
Be Ready to Respond
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.