Transform the use of data in education, and provide good practice research evidence to improve pupils’ achievement in schools.
The Schools’ Research and Statistics Service provides educational research and statistical information to schools, academies, governors, and local authority staff to support them in their efforts to raise achievement. The team provides a traded service to schools in the following areas:
• Providing customised individual school profiles to support governors and headteachers in school self-evaluation.
• Providing EYFS, Phonics, KS2, KS4 and Post-16 contextual reports to schools to identify underachieving groups, and help track pupil performance.
• Bespoke training for SMTs, governors and teachers in the use of data and research to support school improvement.
• Briefing and training sessions for SAOs, teachers and senior staff on how to manage DfE School Census returns.
• Providing schools with a Free School Meal Eligibility checking service in HMRC Government database to maximize pupil premium funding.
• Undertake research into what works in raising achievement, and to support and share good practice between schools.
The team also supports schools in statutory responsibilities including collection and monitoring of all key stage assessments and school census.