The course aims to provide an update for Year 6 teachers who are familiar with the end of Key Stage 2 statutory assessments. Teachers will be briefed on current national statutory requirements with regard to teacher assessment and moderation. The course will :-
- Review the 2018 testing and assessment experience and it’s implications for this year
- Familiarise teachers with any changes / updates to statutory assessment 2019.
- Review the 2018 assessment of writing (new that year) and look at implications of this revised approach for on-going assessment and curriculum planning.
- Familiarise teachers with STA exemplification of standards to ensure accuracy and consistency of assessment judgements.
- Consider writing opportunities to support pupils in developing and demonstrating their best standards.
Teachers will have the opportunity to work with colleagues from other schools to share ideas and develop solutions to assessment matters.
Members of the Lambeth KS2 moderation team will provide input on planning and teaching strategies to support children in achieving the best outcomes in the end of KS2 assessments.
It is recommended that delegates on this course should also attend the End of KS2 Standardisation of teacher assessment judgements course on Tuesday 19th March 1.30 - 3.30 when teachers will work with moderators and colleagues to standardise their assessment judgements and to agree next steps for sample pupils in their class
Bookings can only be accepted via Lambeth School Services www.lambethschoolservices.co.uk