This report summarises the progress made by Lambeth schools, pupils and the school community in raising achievement throughout the 2017-2018 academic year. It also serves as an evaluation of the Local Authority’s work, in partnership with schools, through its Education and Learning Strategy, to achieve priorities against annual targets and the council’s vision for excellent schools provision.
Teach Lambeth: New Recruitment Website
Teach Lambeth is run by the Lambeth Schools Partnership with the support of all the schools in the borough and the local education authority.
Every school role available in Lambeth schools should be listed on this site and this will enable anyone interested in pursing a role in Lambeth schools to apply direct through our job board, cutting out agencies and middle men by dealing direct with each school.
Help ensure the website works by uploading your vacancies onto the site.
Lambeth Education & Learning Strategy 2018-2022
We want Lambeth to continue to be at the forefront of change and improvement in education, retaining good relationships between education providers and the Council and building on our collective strengths and achievements. To do this, the strategy has been developed in partnership with schools, other educational establishments and the Council.
It looks ahead to the next few years and outlines our shared ambition for our learners of all ages. It summarises the overarching strategy for education and learning in Lambeth between 2018-2022 with the aim to improve performance for all Lambeth pupils and support adults to develop the skills to succeed in the workplace and fulfil their ambitions.
Please find our Lambeth’s Education and Learning Strategy 2018-22 attached.
If you require further copies please download copies from the website.
We hope you find the strategy a useful and informative resource.
Director, Education Learning & Skills
Available Now - LSS Offers - 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020
Dear Headteacher / School Business Manager / SAO
Now Available - Lambeth School Services Online - Service Offers - 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020
1. The 2019-20 Lambeth School Services offers are now available online for purchase. A personalised brochure for your school can be downloaded as a PDF and, as with previous years, provides comprehensive information on the Lambeth Council services which are available to schools to purchase. Although the new service offers start from 1st April 2019, schools are able to choose and make purchases or request quotes from today.
2. To download a copy of your school’s brochure go to http://www.lambethschoolservices.co.uk/ and use the icon at the top right-hand corner of the homepage to log into your school area. Click on the services tab to view the download a bespoke brochure function.
3. There is also a buy now link which enables your school to view a simple list of all the services on one page. You are able to tick which services the school requires and then make one overall purchase or a quote request. Again any prices shown are individual to your school. This function is particularly helpful where a school wants simply to renew their service for another year. This page can also be printed off. Click ‘expand all’, right-click and choose Print or use the printer icon at the top right of the page to choose print.
4. Although many of the Council’s services offer ad hoc purchases that can be made throughout the year, a number of services also provide annual SLAs which require prior indication of interest from the school - these include: Education Psychology Service, Schools Crossing Patrol, Schools Human Resources, Payroll and Research and Statistics. It would be very helpful if schools could confirm interest in these services if possible by 31st March 2019 so that we can ensure services are well organised and resourced to meet your needs.
5. Please remember that you can continue to buy current 2018-19 ad hoc services until 31st March 2019.
6. I do hope that you find the functionality on the system simple and an efficient way of purchasing services from the Local Authority. However, if you need any
assistance to make use of the Lambeth School Services online purchasing system please contact email@example.com or telephone 020 7926 9947 / 8942.
*NEW* Schools Inclusion Fund
This guidance document will explain how to apply for the new School Inclusion Fund. This fund is open to mainstream schools in Lambeth for children who are at SEND Support or have additional inclusion needs that require pastoral support beyond your current offer. This fund is to help expand your offer and to children who may have entered mid-year, may require an approach that is not currently part of your SEND offer, or needs additional support that will ensure full inclusion.
Also available is the School Cluster Inclusion Fund. Here a cluster of schools can apply for an amount of money to support their schools in an area of training. We are targeting Neurodiversity and SEMH for this fund.
Decisions to agree funding will be made by a panel of local authority and school personnel. We will evaluate the use of this funding over the pilot period and will expect parents and children to be part of the evaluation.
The School Inclusion Fund will be led by Sue Franklin, Head of Educational Psychology and Pupil Support Services and Betsy Nelson, Behaviour Consultant.
Applications will be made via a bespoke Extranet Site which will be published mid September 2019.